Leesa Mattress Review
This post was last updated on March 16th, 2019
Leesa Mattress Constructions Layers
- The cover,Woven from a single piece of polyester-lycra blend fabric, the iconic 4-stripe Leesa cover feels cool and soft to the touch and has a seamless edge for maximum comfort.
- the second layer( 2″), avena foam layer, this is mainly designed to balance the shortcoming of memory foam, memory foam is very soft and comfortable, but it has two main complains, the first is will become warm or even hot when sleep for a long time, the second is hard to movement because you may sink into it. The avena form allow air flow to make sure a cool sleep. and it also provide enough bounce for free movement.
- the third layer( 2″), memory foam,it’s a good material, it will contour around your body when you sleep. so you will feel very comfortable and relaxed. is has shortcomings, but as we mentioned before, avena foam is a big plus.
- the fourth layer( 6″),support layer. It acts as a foundational base for the mattress. to add strength, durability and structure to support sleepers of all size. without feeling too firm when on top.
back to menu ↑
Who is suitable for Leesa mattress
The official site claims the firmness of leesa is 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale (where 10 is the most firm). But it may even more firm from our review process.
- Light person, for the one who is under 120 pounds, you may can’t sink into the mattress so that it can’t contour your body, so you may feel a little firmness.
- Medium person, 130-230 pounds, leesa mattress is a good choice for you, you will neither feel too soft nor too firm, you can enjoy the advantage of both memory foam and avena form
- Heavy person, big guy always have problem on choosing mattress, I’m sorry but leesa may not a good choice for you, the average of life span of leesa mattress is 8-10 years, but big guys will shorter the life. Another defect is you may feel firm still.
- Back sleeper, back sleepers prefer middle to firm mattress, so for most back sleepers, leesa mattress is a good choice.
- Side sleepers, side sleeps prefer soft to medium mattress, so for most side sleepers, Leesa is a good choice, actually Leesa is one of the best mattress for side sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers,same as back sleeps, stomach sleepers need some thing to support the whole body and joint, they they always prefer medium firmness, leesa mattress is a good choice for them.
Leesa’s Warranty & Trial Period
- 100 day trial, buying a mattress is a difficult decision, even if you tried in real store, you don’t know if this suitable for long term. And as we mentioned before, leesa is a online seller, she don’t have experience hall, so it’s a risk for consumers to buy online without sleeping on really. Leesa knows this and allow customers to have a try in your home for as long as 100 nights, if you don’t like it, you can return it for full refund.
- Free shipping, whether buy on official site or on amazon. They are the same price and ship free(both have $75 discount), your mattress is compressed in a box. and it is built-to-order in 3-5 business days.
- 10 years warranty, In addition to the 100 day trial period, Leesa also offers a fairly standard 10 year full replacement limited warranty.
- No noise, like other foam mattress, leesa mattress is silent and you won’t impact your partners if any movement on your side.
How Does Leesa’s Pricing Compare
Leesa mattress price range from $525 to $990, if you are seeking for a tradition inner spring mattress(see the difference between inner spring, memory foam and latex), you may need for pay for $2000 – $3000 or more, in mattress industry, high price don’t always mean high quality and comfortable, a lot of cost are on middle man, that’s why a lot of online mattress company like Leesa and Tuft&Needle have such a rapid grow up in the past 3 years. You can also reference our online mattress list.
Concerns from other customers
- Model/firmness option, leesa only has one model, yes they have 6 size, twin, twin xl, full, queen, king, cal king(what’s the correct size for you?). Different models have different price, but all have same firmness and interface.
- Edge support, leesa have good to excellent support on back/front support, but like most foam mattresses, the far edge of the bed may be inadequate for sleeping or sitting, especially for big guy.
- Brand history, leesa is trust choice, they are rated as high as 4.7/5 on amazon by real customers, but it’s a new company also, just set up in 2014, their founders are the one who is suffer from good sleeping, so they decide to bring excellent and cheap solution to their customers.
- Marketing accuracy, their advertisement claims they are suitable for all kinds of person, but as we reviewed, they did a good job on back/front sleepers, but not so awesome on side/edge sleepers.
Any coupon for Leesa mattress
Yes, we do have coupon for Leesa, access official site and input code “SUMMER75” to get $75 OFF+$25 gift card . You can only enjoy this coupon on official site, you can get Leesa from Amazon as well, they are the same price(Amazon use this Coupon default already). So either way would be fine? We truly advice you get from official site but not from Amazon.
As we reviewed before, Leesa provided 100 nights free trial, but this only take effect if you buy from official site. If you buy from Amazon, you have to return it within 30 days if you don’t like it.back to menu ↑
How Does Leesa’s Pricing Compare ?
Recently we compare Leesa vs Bear mattress vs Casper vs Purple vs Loom Leaf. Don’t miss it before you made your decision.back to menu ↑
Leesa Mattress Review Summary
Leesa is one of the best mattress under $1000, it’s awesome for any kinds of sleepers, if you don’t know which mattress to buy, choose Leesa and you won’t regret.
Lessa mattress designed to medium firmness, neither too soft nor too firm. guys with medium weight have the highest satisfaction. Too thin or too heavy won’t have the best sleeping experience.
The gross user satisfaction is 84%, this rate is slightly above average compared to foam mattresses overall (81%) and well above average compared to all mattresses overall (72%) ,which includes innerspring, memory foam, latex, air, futon.
Leesa is one of the best memory foam mattress since its release, almost suitable for everyone and any kinds of sleeping positions, especially for the one with back pain, and he is the first company who use awesome avena foam, which is an upgrade of common memory foam mattress. Support,comfort, bouncy, durability all above average. Highly recommend!
- Use special Avena foam
- Very high ratings per customer feedback
- Almost suitable for all kinds of sleepers
- Start their business early
- Bouncy and comfortable
- Only one model and firmness to choose